Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sit back and RELAX

I hope everyone is having a relaxing day! I'm trying but it's not working so well. Oh the life with a 3 almost 4 year old. =)
Anywho, I've been wanting to try one of those painted signs for a while now. Seriously how hard could it be? SUPER simple!
 You need a piece of wood, some kind of lettering and just a little bit of paint. That's it!

Seriously any kind of wood will do. This was an old cutting board of my Grandpa-in-law's (is that a word?)

I cut out my letters using my die cutting machine, but you could use self-adhesive vinyl too.

Just lay the letters on the wood with just a little bit of glue. I used a tape runner so that there wouldn't be any leftover residue. It really is as simple as painting over the whole thing. You can put on as much or as little as you want. Depends what kind of look you're going for.
Slowly peel of the letters and there you go!

 I used a sanding block to rub off some of the paint on the edges and over the letters.
 Voila! So cute and simple. This is going to be part of my summer decoration after the 4th of July is over.

Have a "relaxing" rest of the day! =)



3 comments:

  1. I have boards will you make me one ??????? But of course I want either sage green or butter yellow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and very simple. Great idea.

    I came over from Tatertots. I always like to know how people found me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. popping over from tatertots and jello... this is so cute! xo malia

    ReplyDelete