Monday, June 13, 2011

A little bit of chicken wire

Whew! That was a looooong weekend! I had a garage sale this last Friday and Saturday and I am still feeling the lack of sleep from it. Made a nice chunk of change from it though so it may have been worth it. =) 

On to the next project. 

Since we're going to be moving soon, we decided not to go ahead with our garden plans. Since that happened, we have all the chicken wire leftover that we usually use around the garden. I was dying to find something that I could use it for. If you read blogs very often you've probably seen this idea EVERYWHERE. So I gave it a try. SO EASY!

Here's your supply list:
  1. Staple gun
  2. Wire cutters
  3. Frame (preferably wood)
  4.  Chicken wire
  5. Leftover paints
It really is as simple as cutting out the wire and stapling it onto the back of the frame. After I did that i went around the outside of the frame and curled in any jagged edges of the wire.
I used a cream color leftover from who-knows-what and then just dry brushed on some blue from our son's room. Then using a sanding block, distressed it all down until I liked it.
And there you have it. Use any kind of clips to attach whatever you want. Memos, recipes, pictures, you name it!
Hope you had a fantastic weekend! What did you work on?

home stories a to z
I heart naptime
Shabby Nest


2 comments:

  1. I love this project. I haven't used chicken wire for anything, but I think I need to buy some now. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete