Friday, May 13, 2011

For the love of Mason Jars

So I may or may not have an infatuation with Mason jars. I just love the old look of them. I decided to round up some of my jars and use them decoratively in our bathroom. I used some tacky glue to glue the jar ring and the metal piece together so they wouldn't come apart every time we opened a jar. And Voila!


Pretty cute right? Well that side of the sink is but on the other side I had a big monstrous container of "germ-gel". (AKA hand sanitizer) Soooo because I'm just daring that way I poured the germ-gel into a large mason jar. Only problem was the pump was waaaay too long for the jar. Since germ-gel is pretty important to us and our almost 4 year old, I had to cut off half of the tube so it would fit inside the jar. I also drilled a large hole into the lid of the jar. What do you think?


Much better right? If it wasn't for the fact that I absolutely LOVE the hands-free soap dispenser we have, I would do it for our soap too. We'll see.....





the shabby nest

No comments:

Post a Comment